Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Hussein Obama

Barack Obama is our President. We are so thankful that we can be optimistic about the future of our country, the world, and the Earth. Will the words "President Barack Obama" ever feel like an everyday reality? President Obama (WOW! see what I'm saying?) has already started the hard work of correcting some of the mistakes of the prior 8+ years, and leading us forward, thinking and acting beyond merely undoing the mistakes of the past, to take us into a much advanced and enlightened future.

We are especially thrilled that Kelvin's 89 year-old father, Hal, was able to attend the Swearing In with Kelvin's brother, Hal, Jr., and later had enough energy to attend the Midwestern Ball with us and Kelvin's sister, Queen. Daddy's spirit and his lifelong behavior patterns are just what propelled Obama to victory--set your sights on your goals, do what is necessary to attain them, tke the high road, and let no one tell you that you cannot.

Our day went from 3:00 a.m. Inauguration morning until 3:00 a.m. next day. In my younger days, I could not have managed such a schedule. The Obama Campaign has boosted my ability to function on only a few hours of sleep per night, and my energy to levels I never had as a young person. Nonetheless, I look forward to more sleep and maybe even some socialization time for the Obama Twins!